What I want to do:
- Improve communication between teachers and the school board
- Improve school infrastructure and facilities
- Improve elementary education
- Increase opportunities for teacher training and classroom enhancement
- Increase foreign language education opportunities for elementary students
- Increase participation in AP exams and advanced classes
- Improve SAT scores and overall college readiness
- Get all DR schools to Level 1 in the state’s Accountability and Assistance rating
- Examine changes to school start times to coincide with long-established scientific research (just a few examples are here, here, here, here, here, here, and here)
I am happy to announce my candidacy for School Committee in the Dighton Rehoboth School District. The school committee is comprised of dedicated people who work in the best interests of our children and I would be honored to receive your vote to join them.
As an Associate Professor, I would bring to the board over ten years of experience in higher education. I would also bring years of experience in business as both a union employee, and a manager of union employees. I have had the opportunity to teach and work with students from around the world, and have seen students who excel and students who struggle. I want to bring that experience to the board to make sure that your children are as prepared as they can be for the future that they choose for themselves.
As a father of two elementary school children, I have a vested interest in the success of the DR school district. I want what every parent wants: the best possible educational experience for my children, one that will prepare them for any career they choose.
Contact me: email@example.com